AbsoluteGrief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbsoluteGriefLog in

100% Grief, Enjoy !

descriptionGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) EmptyGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25)

more_horiz
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 2csUoHy
A grief tournament where the winners can really change the world

Hi. I'm running a charity zombies grief tournament called Grief 4 Good. It's a traditional bracket style grief tournament, except the winner decided which charity receives all the money raised. Money is raised by teams donating 25 dollars to a pool. you have to donate to play. Matches would take place on the 29th and 30th. The idea is to really bring the community together and bring some good to those in need.

The winner will decide which charity the money goes to. In-addition, I was able to get GrafiXpression to sponsor the event and donate some cool gear. The winning team will receive some zombie themed stickers as well as T-shirt going to the winning team's MVP.

If you are interest and would like to sign up or have any questions check out griefforgood dot com (I can't post links yet. I'm new here).

If you're wondering who I am, I am JohnyJ25. I run a mid size channel of about 13,000 subs. This is my first time hosting a tournament, although I have competed in the past. You can find me here

Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 99CPF3rGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) NYx4tzn
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) KiOJd12Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) Wmp5o0A

Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) RIM9WHB
WHAT IS GRIEF 4 GOOD?

Grief 4 Good is the first ever Black Ops 2 Zombies Grief Tournament for charity. Grief 4 Good was created by JohnyJ25 in an attempt to bring zombie youtubers, zombie slayers and zombie fans for good. Now is the time for zombie slayers alike to change the world. Let's come together as a community and do something note-worthy. It's one thing to play for fun, but why not play for what matters! Let's use the tools make your friends rage to make the world a better place. This is a two day grief tournament from December 29th to December 30th. Teams donate 25 dollars to enter. They will then duke it out in a bracket style tournament with the winner deciding which charity will receive all the money. Following their victory the champions will also be crowned the Grief 4 Good 2014 Champions, a most prestigious honor. From then on they will be the most noble, as well as skilled, grief players in the community!

• Why should I Enter?
    Not only is this a great opportunity to support your favorite Charity, but by competing you have a chance to become the Cod Zombies Community Grief King. Much of the community will have their eye on this tournament and by winning you will have the glory of being one of the greatest Grief teams ever. This is also a wonderful opportunity to bring the zombie community together for good. Never before has this community had a way to change the world in a such a positive. Show the world that gamers and Call of Duty can better this world! Thanks to the generosity of GrafiXpressions. The winning team will be receiving zombie stickers, as well as the MVP of the winning team receiving a T-shirt from GrafiXpressions (MVP will be determined by the winning team).

• How do I enter?
    To enter click this link and follow the step by step instructions.

• How can I be sure the money is going to charity?
    This is of course the biggest obstacle to tackle, considering this is the first time something like this has been done. I, JohnyJ25, believe I've created a reputation as some who is trust worthy. I have for 4 years now created videos in support of the Project 4 Awesome. I also ran a charity drive on my channel for this year's P4A and did it in such a manner that I feel is reputable, honest, and transparent. I plan to document and make public every stage of the tournament in an effort to maintain transparency and security for the contestants. If at any point anyone would like proof in-regards to the legitimacy or security of the funds I am more than happy to oblige. My Youtube reputation is on the line, which is why I am attempting to create total transparency. If you have any questions feel free to email me at JohnyJ25Business@gmail.com, where I will try to respond as soon as possible.

• How many players per team?
    You must have 4 players on your team. You may carry subs on your roster.

• What console will we be playing on?
    All games must be held on the Xbox 360. If a team is unable to compete on the Xbox, they must forfeit and will lose the match.

• How many teams are competing?
    We will initially limit the tournament to 8 teams. If there proves to be many more teams willing to enter we may extend the tournament to 16 teams.

• My team has entered, although we cannot play during the time scheduled. What should we do?
    Matches will be set to start at specific times, in an effort to keep the tournament moving. If your team cannot play at the time listed, you may contact the other team to reschedule. This match must be completed prior the time the next round in the tournament is scheduled to begin. If your team is still unable to compete, then your team will have to be disqualified.

• Will I be able to watch the matches?/Can I stream my game?
    Yes. In-fact, we encourage you to stream or record your match. If cheating or and issue is to arise, by recording it we will be able to better resolve any issues that occur. We will also be working with the teams in an effort to broadcast as many games as possible, so that the community can watch and root their favorite team on.

• Where can I watch the matches?
    I, JohnyJ25, will be streaming my matches and possibly more on my channel. If someone will be streaming their match, they can email where their stream is and I will include it into the schedule and link it.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to email me at: JohnyJ25business@gmail.com
http://www.griefforgood.com/about.html

REGULATION
  1. All matches will be played on the Xbox 360.
  2. Matches should be held at the scheduled time.
  3. A game may be re-scheduled, so long as it is completed before the next round of the bracket is scheduled to begin. Please contact JohnyJ25 before you do so though.
  4. Host should be the player with the best internet connection. Use SpeedTest.net to determine this.
  5. If the host of the match has an internet connection that proves to provide an unfair advantage. Please then submit proof to JohnyJ25business@gmail.com. I will quickly respond and determine whether or not the match should be replayed.
  6. If a team is found to be cheating, they will be disqualified.
  7. Cheating is, but not limited to, lag switches, glitches, forcing connection errors and faking connection errors. 
  8. Matches can be played on any grief map, although it must be agreed upon by both teams.
  9. Matches should be standard matches. No custom mode options may be turned on.
  10. Teams may stream their matches.
  11. Teams may find substitutes.
  12. Teams must have at least 4 players on them.
  13. Players may not join a session mid match.
  14. If a player loses connection, they may rejoin.
  15. If a player is found to be leaving then rejoining matches in an attempt to benefit his team, his team will be disqualified.

For any questions or clarification email JohnyJ25Business@gmail.com
Any failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.

REGISTRATION

Enter Grief 4 Good
Follow these instructions exactly to enter the tournament

1. Click the "Donate" button to begin.
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) Btn_donateCC_LG

2. You will then be taken to the Grief 4 Good Paypal page

3. Click the button that says "YOU MUST Enter your team captain's email"
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) Fd3a5aa23161c90f260d87350b160e5c?AccessKeyId=090EC4C4CFDF77AE237D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

4. Enter your captain's email!
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 7b39c876de8956f7cb36bb01f5a09e7c?AccessKeyId=090EC4C4CFDF77AE237D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

5. Click "Donate $25.00 USD Now"
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 781e0551a2a851aa77ef4719b2015283?AccessKeyId=090EC4C4CFDF77AE237D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

6. Click the button that say's "Return to Grief 4 Good"
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 23e7a3cff89bd96f8f9ffd749c384996?AccessKeyId=090EC4C4CFDF77AE237D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

7. Complete the Google Form
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 6deb0bd0e99b32582eec93327d5f728e?AccessKeyId=090EC4C4CFDF77AE237D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

8. Click Submit
    Once you see this screen you are finished!
    Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) Ee38d6ab773d713c7413e030eda1bdef?AccessKeyId=090EC4C4CFDF77AE237D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

We will be contacting your team captain very soon and providing you with all the information and support you need to compete!
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS EXACTLY. IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE THERE IS NO GUARANTEE IT CAN BE FIXED, ALTHOUGH WE WILL WORK OUR HARDEST TO AMEND ANY ISSUES THAT MAY OCCUR. PLEASE EMAIL JOHNYJ25BUSINESS@GMAIL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.
http://www.griefforgood.com/enter.html

descriptionGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) EmptyRe: Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25)

more_horiz
Hi Johnyj25 and welcome here !

Your idea seems to be really good. I like also the work about your website, it's clean. I would like to suggest you a parternship for 2015 if you wish host other tournaments.

About your tournament; the main problem is the time between the ad done here and the start of the tournament (-2 days). This is really short and probably some players will be not able to play it. Also, we have 2 huge upcoming 1v1 tourneys, so the players will be focused about these both firstly. Say me if you can postpone your tourney with one more month at less, the time to inform all the players and to form teams. If no, we will do like this.

Also, I'see that it was only for XBOX but we are mainly from PS3 here, so that it will be good if you can host a parralele tournament with the same regulation, like we will do here.

I go to read the regulation to check each details. I come back.

descriptionGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) EmptyGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25)

more_horiz
REGULATION AVAILABLE

Last edited by YoPlixBoy25 on Thu 18 Aug - 19:54; edited 9 times in total

descriptionGrief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) EmptyRe: Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25)

more_horiz
Hi JohnyJ25, I read the full regulation.

I would like observe with you this regulation because some rules seems to be a nonsence for our current Grief (PS3 or XBOX). The level has really increased and the regulation had need to change until now. Your current regulation seems to be adapted for a tournament just after the release of the game but not for the current Grief.

These following remarks are the most important things to know about the current Grief games and tourneys. Consequently, you are free to change or not. But many good Grief players will be not interested to play this tournament with the current regulation.

_________

1. All matches will be played on the Xbox 360.

We are mainly from PS3 here (95%). So, why don't suggested a parallel tournament with the same regulation to make the both communities happy ?

4. Host should be the player with the best internet connection. Use SpeedTest.net to determine this.
​ 5. If the host of the match has an internet connection that proves to provide an unfair advantage. Please then submit proof to JohnyJ25business@gmail.com. I will quickly respond and determine whether or not the match should be replayed.

Your tournament seems to be open for everybody from everywhere, and we have players from more than 25 differents countries here. The quality of the connection in a game isn't only about bandwidth, but also about the distance between the host and the opponents.For exemple, if we have an European team against an American team, if one of the Amercan player has the better host and host the game, it will be a real handicap for the European team, due to the distance.

To have a meeting the most balanced with the connection, the idea is to suggest a match with winning games. We have decide best of 3 games (BO3) since a moment. In this way, each team host his own game. The connection need to be changed after each game.

There are some particular cases to know :
- When a team is losing 2-0, this team will host automatically the 3rd game (advantage loser)
- In the case of a tie 2-2, the quickest winner team (sum of the durations of the two games won) will host the 5th game.
- For a mixed team, the team need to select the host the better (the closest) for the opponent.
http://www.absolute-grief.net/t373-worst-host-for-the-opponent

6. If a team is found to be cheating, they will be disqualified.
7. Cheating is, but not limited to, lag switches, glitches, forcing connection errors and faking connection errors.

AbsoluteGrief struggles against the cheating behavior since the beginning, it's why we have decided to forbid directly the players considered like cheater. Indeed, we take into account also the cheating in the Public Grief Mode, because the players who are not respectfull with the others don't merit to play a tournament with a legit community and will be able to cheating also in the tournament. This selection is done to avoid problems in advance with cheaters known by everybody and to push them to change their behavior if they want join us in our events. We had recently to face up to booting problems, and the player concerned had been banned from here.

The list with the main cheaters from PS3 is available in the website, you will just need to put the nickname in the search tool to know if he's in the cheating section or not. But I will be able to check for you.

8. Matches can be played on any grief map, although it must be agreed upon by both teams.

A team can be agree to play in Town but not in Fam, but the other in Farm but not Town. Why not leave the host select his map for his game ? I

9. Matches should be standard matches. No custom mode options may be turned on.

We are playing and hosting currently tournaments with these main restrictions :  Round 20, No Boxes, No PaP, No abusive camping. So keep this rule is a sad return in the past... If you want start the games at the Round 1 with the PaP and the Boxes, the games will be really too long (more than 3 hours by game, without joke). We don't have really Grief moments until at less the Round 10 because the Zombies are too weak. Round 1 to 10, this is the survival period to make points, killing the Zombies, this is really annoying.

We can avoid the Survival period, by starting Round 20 with the custom games and by banning the tools enabling the survive, Boxes and PaP.. We will have already many points and we can start the Grief directly and try to kill/block the opponents. We need to note directly that it's a Grief tournament, and not a Survial tournament.

Futhermore, the Theater Mode don't keep all the game if it's too long. So we will be not able to watch the game in the end of the game, the more important (how is down the losing team), because the game will be too long.

I suggest you to take a look on how are playing our current Custom games in my YouTube channel, you will see directly the difference of intensity, contrary to the long sad games from the Public Mode.

11. Teams may find substitutes.

Usually, we allow only 2 subsitutes for a team of 4 players (no more than 50%, because after, it's not the same team). Also, the subs have to don't be registered already with another team, already defeated or not.

13. Players may not join a session mid match.
14. If a player loses connection, they may rejoin.
15. If a player is found to be leaving then rejoining matches in an attempt to benefit his team, his team will be disqualified.

The better way will be to ask each team to close their lobby. We had already abusive usage of this rule in the past, with players who loosed deliberately their connection, just to join the game with more points.

If a player has a time-up at the beginning of the game (the first minutes), and if there are no downs for the two teams (no advantage for a team), the host can restart the game, otherwhise, the game will continue in the condition.

more_horiz
REGISTRATION AVAILABLE

more_horiz
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 2csUoHy
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) 99CPF3r
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) NYx4tzn
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) KiOJd12
Grief 4 Good - 2014/12/29 (by JohnyJ25) Wmp5o0A

more_horiz

Grief 4 Good is the first ever Black Ops 2 Zombies Charity Grief Tournament. Teams donate 25 to a pool to enter. The winner of the bracket style tournament chooses which charity will receive the pool of money. 100% of the money raised is going to charity. For more info go to http://www.griefforgood.com.

Last edited by YoPlixBoy25 on Thu 18 Aug - 20:01; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
FAQ AVAILABLE

Last edited by YoPlixBoy25 on Thu 18 Aug - 18:47; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
He has posted another video about the tourney :

more_horiz
What exactly would a partnership entail. At the moment it seems Grief 4 Good will be happening, but in a smaller form. There is still a chance we will postpone the tournament. If that happens we were thinking the weekend of January 19th. I'll let you know if that happens.

more_horiz
Yep, I think it will be really better to postpone your tourney at least at this date. You have currently only 3 teams registered, and I didn't had the time also to do the ads on AbsoluteGrief.

By this way, you will have also the time to check, understand and adapt your regulation if you are agree, after to have read my comments here :
http://www.absolute-grief.net/t553-grief-4-good-regulation#10500

more_horiz
Johnny has posted a video about updates the last week :

The XBOX tourney has started this week-end. I will be able to manage the same the next week for the PS3. This week-end was too busy with the Super Grief Saturday and the 32ths 1v1 Town Tourney.

more_horiz

Last edited by YoPlixBoy25 on Thu 18 Aug - 20:03; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz

more_horiz

more_horiz
Team Buckeye Nation in the 2nd video.
Game in Town, everybody down after 1 min LOL. Razz

more_horiz
C est deja commence ce tournoi?

more_horiz
Oui, Johnny a organisé ce tournoi sur XBOX avec 4 teams début janvier. J'étais censé faire le même pour PS3 mais aucun équipe n'a rempli le formulaire pour participer (15 euros pour jouer).

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply